Advertisement

somehow - original song // AsYa

somehow - original song // AsYa [ READ ME ] So, I did the Style Swap Challenge (is that a thing now? Yes, I made it up just now.) #styleswapchallenge
.
Challenge was: Could I write a song that isn’t my usual style at all? Could I write lyrics or use a singing style that doesn’t sound like me?
.
As some of you may have noticed, I sound completely different here, singing in an unusually high pitch and intentionally breathy, making my voice crack, pushing etc. and you may be asking: Why? WHY!?
.
Well, the other day I was ranting about the song culture nowadays, saying that the lyrics were extremely vague and the voices so annoyingly breathy. And then I thought: Wait, as a musician, before I continue ranting about this, I need to take this style seriously and embrace it once before I let it go. So I sat down, listened to some Billie Eilish, Lorde and Birdie and wrote ‚somehow‘.
.
Personally, I think it is a great experiment for musicians who have a style or don’t have it yet or want to change it up. It really makes you step out of the zone and think out of the box. And most of all, I felt very vulnerable. Although that may be because I didn’t wear any make up filming this haha #nomakeup
.
Thanks for reading this far. Enjoy and tell me what you think! :)
.
YES that is me dancing don’t worry you won’t have to see it again.

• Instagram: asyapritchard
• Homepage: www.asya-pritchard.de

somehow,voiceappeal,asya,pritchard,music,video,song,tell me when,how,no makeup,original,eigenes,lied,

Post a Comment

0 Comments