Advertisement

My Portable Drawing Board (Plein Air Style)

My Portable Drawing Board  (Plein Air Style) When I'm traveling and on a beach or lounging by the pool, I like to keep busy because I'm really not a lounger... but my DH is! :) So to keep myself occupied, I like to bring along my travel art.

I've been thinking about how to improve the travel art set up for quite awhile now. I knew I wanted a light and easy to set up configuration. So here's what I think will work. I haven't taken it on vacation yet, but plan to the next time I head out of town.

I really like the magnets on the bottom. Its going to allow me to move my metal palettes around to wherever I need them. Note: the painter stirrer stick at the bottom are just for this video - I was using them to keep the board held up since I was not sitting down while filming the video.

Be sure to keep watching for the blooper! I usually mess up when making these videos and thought, I should do a blooper real one of these days!

I'll keep you posted on how this works out for me. I've been using the brush holder while painting indoors and I really like it because I can easily spot my brushes and grab and put back quickly without interrupting my painting.

travel art,drawing board,lap board,plein air,plane air,art on the go,art,

Post a Comment

0 Comments