Advertisement

Straight vs Oblique Holder

Straight vs Oblique Holder I always write Copperplate Script with a straight holder. For Spencerian I use an oblique holder.

Recently I have been teaching myself Modern Calligraphy but using my knowledge of traditional calligraphic movements and tools and coming up with so interesting developments.

Today I had to talk about the difference between English Roundhand, Copperplate, Engrossers and Engravers, the latter 2 being oblique holder scripts and the former 2 straight holder scripts.

So much can be said on this topic and I touch on it briefly in my Copperplate Script Manual.

Try writing the script with both holders. What do you think are the differences?

@teamspellbinders @speedball_art @cansonpaper @pelikan_passion

#pascribegrids #pascribepenstaff #hunt22bnib #pelikan4001 #cansonmarkerpad #obliqueholder #straightholder.

Holder

Post a Comment

0 Comments