Advertisement

How a Simple Google Search Uncovered an Entire Branch of Long Lost Family (VLOG #33)

How a Simple Google Search Uncovered an Entire Branch of Long Lost Family (VLOG #33) Back in 2018 I hired genealogy researcher Sergii Fazulyanov to help me research my Jewish ancestry Tulchin. Through this research it was discovered that my 2nd-great grandmother Sarah Rimer likely had a brother named Chaim Avrum Rimer. We found records for 4 children born to Chaim Avrum Rimer and his wife Gidlya Waxer. I tried to find out what happened to these children but was unable to find anything. Eventually I tried typing in a simple google search of "Rimer Tulchin" and was surprised that it came up with an obituary for a woman born in Tulchin by the name of Sonia Rimer. I was able to build out her family tree using typical Jewish genealogy methods and then contacted living relatives I could find. They responded and we were able to confirm that my genealogy research matched up with their genealogy research, especially that their great-grandparents were a Chaim Avrum Rimer and wife Hudel. After some further research, I found through Yad Vashem that one of Chaim Avrum RImer's daughters had been murdered in the Holocaust. My newly found cousins in the United States had been contacted by surviving descendants of this relative years back. My cousins then sent me a letter from Yefim Shraybman talking about the family in Tulchin. Everything seemed to match up. My next hope is to involve genetic genealogy and start getting multiple cousins in their branch to do DNA testing, although one cousin who tested came up as a distant genetic match but no one else has (although it is unknown if anyone else in their branch has done a DNA test). If the DNA test results come up with a bunch of matching then that will be another piece of confirmation.

Pretty amazing to think that I wouldn't have found this long lost family without doing that simple google search.

Facebook:
Instagram:
Twitter:

Read my blog "Sephardic Genealogy"
H

Please like and subscribe!

How a Simple Google Search Uncovered an Entire Branch of Long Lost Family (VLOG #33)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to help support this channel?
Become a patron on patreon at www.patreon.com/GeneaVlogger or feel free to donate money to GeneaVlogger@gmail.com through PayPal

Learn more about me -

Want to hire me for your research? Email me at GeneaVlogger@gmail.com

Join Ancestry to learn more about your family history or
United States -
United Kingdom -
Australia -
Canada -

Buy a DNA test
Family Tree DNA -
23andMe -
Ancestry DNA -
MyHeritage DNA -

Equipment Used for Video -
Canon EOS Rebel T5i -
Bonfoto 671a Travel Aluminum Camera TriPod -
JOBY GorillaPod Flexible TriPod -
SanDisk Extreme PRO 128GB -
RODE VideoMic Studio Boom Kit -
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II SLR Lens -
Fovitec StudioPRO 4000 Watt Photography Continuous Studio Softbox -

Recommended Books
* The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy by Blaine T. Bettinger -
* Genetic Genealogy in Practice by Blaine T. Bettinger and Debbie Parker Wayne -
* From Generation to Generation: How to Trace Your Jewish Genealogy and Family History by Arthur Kurzweil -
* Genealogy Standards by the Board for Certification of Genealogists -


Find Books about Genealogy on Amazon

GeneaVlogger,Genealogy,Google Search,Tulchin,jewish ancestry,jewish genealogy,Sergii Fazulyanov,simple google search,google search,long lost family,How a Simple Google Search Uncovered an Entire Branch of Long Lost Family,jewish genealogy methods,genealogy research,yad vashem,Holocaust,Yefim Shraybman,genetic genealogy,genetic match,DNA testing,DNA test,dna test results,Rimer,

Post a Comment

0 Comments