Advertisement

What is the Normal and minimum ceiling height in a house?

What is the Normal and minimum ceiling height in a house? Funnily enough, this is one of the most common questions I’m asked as a residential architect. But for good reason: it’s so important to look at the most obvious constraints of a renovation project first. It will shape the brief, how much you are willing to spend on the project, and even decide if it’s worthwhile undertaking the project at all.

This weekend I’ve been house-hunting and one of my favorite bits of the viewing experience is to hear the estate agent’s renovation ambitions for the house. ‘You could easily convert the loft in to a bedroom and ensuite,’ he shouts up at me as I’m arching my neck to stand up and ducking under rafters. Not unless we spend thousands lowering the ceiling and re-constructing the roof, I think!

house roof,minimum house ceiling,minimum clear height of room,height of room,clear height,easy height,room height,common questions,what is the height of ceiling,ceiling,10 feet room height,easy height of room,false ceiling,civil engineering,height of double storey house,storeys,maximum height of ceiling,maximum height of storey,

Post a Comment

0 Comments