Advertisement

The Cannabis Is Working, Can I Stop My Conventional Treatment?

The Cannabis Is Working, Can I Stop My Conventional Treatment?
The Cannabis Is Working, Can I Stop My Conventional Treatment?

I want to stop my conventional therapy. Cannabis is working so great for me.

Hi. I’m Dr. Dan Stein, Neurology of Cannabis owner and board-certified neurologist. That question comes up in the clinic from time to time. Patients who are successful with their cannabis therapy want to stop their conventional therapy. They’re pharmaceuticals. They want to save money and avoid toxicity.

Well, those are all reasonable interests and concerns. But oftentimes I have to tell my patients not to stop their conventional pharmaceutical therapy even though the cannabis seems to be working.

One patient recently came into the clinic seizure-free on cannabis therapy and they did not want to take their anticonvulsant therapy any longer and I cautioned them to be careful about that because it may be the synergy of the conventional and the alternative therapy that’s providing the relief and if you stop your conventional therapy, there is a risk that seizures could reoccur.

Same thing with other conventional pharmaceutical therapies. You don’t want to stop some therapy suddenly because it can cause problems.

For example, patients being treated with Xanax or other benzodiazepines have a risk of triggering seizures if they stop those medicines all at once. So they have to be tapered carefully and I often advise patients even though they’re doing great with their cannabis therapy, to talk with their other regular physicians about tapering or considering the taper of their conventional pharmaceuticals if that’s in everyone’s best interests.

So I want you all to know that even though cannabis therapy can replace or at least augment regular pharmaceutical therapy, it’s important to adjust your therapy with the guidance of a physician in order to avoid side effects from stopping your regular therapy too soon or too fast.

I know that you’re watching this video because you may have questions or concerns of your own and I invite you to reach out to us here at the clinic.

If you are a Florida resident, seasonal or permanent, please feel free to reach out to us and get a card or get some advice. We can be reached at info@neurologyofcannabis.com or 941-400-1211.

I’m Dr. Dan Stein. Thanks for watching.


-----
Located in beautiful Sarasota, Florida, the offices of Neurology of Cannabis are open to all full-time and seasonal Florida residents exploring medical treatment options with medical marijuana.

Lead physician and Board Certified Neurologist, Daniel P. Stein, M.D. performs all patient examinations and evaluates patient medical records to develop customized and effective treatment plans.

We make the process of qualifying, registering, obtaining, and renewing access to medical marijuana in Florida as easy as possible. At Neurology of Cannabis, we are passionate about the effective use of medical marijuana to transform the health of our patients.

Neurology of Cannabis
5602 Marquesas Circle, Suite 108
Phone: (941) 400-1211
Sarasota, Florida 34233

cannabis,cannabis doctor,cannabis clinic,cannabis treatment,cannabis therapy,medical marijuana card,medical marijuana florida,florida marijuana treatment,marijuana doctor florida,

Post a Comment

0 Comments