Advertisement

Body vs Mouth (recreation) Contemporary dance short film

Body vs Mouth (recreation) Contemporary dance short film Body vs Mouth
So many things will arise from nature when we give them a chance. Our bodies are part of nature. Give yours space to speak. Our mouths carry too many stories that are sagging through lies. Nature speaks its own language, speak truth. It speaks in a way it cannot be done by any mouth. If we do not allow our bodies' natural expression this uncontrollable power will fade. It will not be able to connect with our ancestor's spirits. My nature seeks talk

Would you wish to be able to sit in silence for awhile with all words remote while you try to listen to nature? Do you think that our mouths are enough to explain our nature? Do you believe your mouth is always connected to your body?

Shut your mouth for a moment and let nature talk, while you are fully aware try to listen and feel its expressions..

The idea to this film came right after I experienced 48 hours of not talking and staying in silence. I realized my body has a nature to keep on talking eventhough I am staying in silence. I recognized how my senses where stepping front during those hours and how my fantasy of my nature became clearer to me.

During the time of shutting my mouth I was staying in Nairobi Kenya with deaf people and the communication between us had been concentrated to our bodies. I had never experienced anything like this before and I am glad the time was intense enough to show me more value and awareness for our natural languages that are not led by our mouths.

The piece I created from this idea shows the stillness and patience of how nature can powerfully talk without words. It shows the connection between our bodies and the ground we stay, grow and live upon. The body and the ground are soil, are earth. Our bodies evolve from soil and return to soil. Nature is germinating constantly.

The connection between the water, the air, the breath and the soil . The spirirts are connected in an everlasting circulation.

This contemporary dance choreography joins traditional Tanzanian, African and contemporary movements. It is a re-creation of a fromer piece created and performed by Tadhi Alawi.

Concept by Tadhi Alawi
Performance and Choreography by Tadhi Alawi
Filmed and edited by FUAD Production, Dar es Salaam
Sound by Bensound-Relaxing

short

Post a Comment

0 Comments