Advertisement

The Last Colony Is Just As Important As The First Colony

The Last Colony Is Just As Important As The First Colony Made several new colonies last summer. Of course the first new colonies are larger than the last. That doesn't mean the first colonies are more important the last colonies, I LOVE THEM ALL! I want to point out that aggressive bees may be a direct result of how the beekeeper handles the colony. When I slowly and carefully open a hive I have very little trouble with the bees. When I accidentally drop part of the hive when first opening it, the bees are very aggressive. IT'S JUST COMMON SENSE! Would you be happy to see someone that is banging on your door aggressively or would you have some fear. If someone was gently tapping on your door you would be less likely to be afraid. Bees are in direct contact with the hive, what seems like nothing to you may not be nothing to your bees. Be gentle and slow, it makes a BIG difference!

Colony

Post a Comment

0 Comments