Advertisement

Brian Simmons: Seeking a Man After God’s Own Heart (1 Samuel 13:14)

Brian Simmons: Seeking a Man After God’s Own Heart (1 Samuel 13:14) Brian Simmons, the lead author of The Passion Translation, expounds on King David’s attributes as a “man after God’s own heart.” In 1 Samuel 13:14 the prophet Samuel says to King Saul, “But now your kingdom shall not continue. The Lord has sought for Himself a man after His own heart, and the Lord has commanded him to be commander over His people, because you have not kept what the Lord commanded you.” Quotes: “I found if I will outlast my critics and if I will live in God’s strength instead of my weakness - if I'll borrow His life instead of trying to make mine strong and simply borrow his strength – I found that in my weakness I can be made strong in God.

ENJOY!

Full service here:

For more videos, subscribe to our YouTube Channel here:

If this post is a blessing to you please "like", "share” and “comment.”

If you need help with a personal problem email info@kingofkingswc.com.
We'd like to agree with you in prayer and offer whatever assistance we can provide.

Donate here:

in Hebrews 11:34 David is listed and one of the great faith champions and
it says that out of weakness he was made strong. David tapped in to
the to the grace that makes you strong.
I would never do anything for God if I listened to my weakness.
I am as weak as they come, but when God comes upon you and gives you a mission,
a commission, a purpose, a divine strategy, He gives you a calling, a mandate, a
scroll and a coal - you're not going to turn back.
I found if I will outlast my critics and if I will live in God’s strength
instead of my weakness - if I'll borrow His life instead
of trying to make mine strong and simply borrow his strength –
I found that in my weakness I can be made strong in God.
My wife and I were missionaries n the jungle.
In one season our partners left us, our
daughter was in a coma with a snakebite,
demons encircling our hut.
We lost virtually everything in a flooding canoe accident.
I had only one place to go.
Thank God for my wife, of course,
but there are things that my wife he can't do that
only God can do. He can strengthen a man's heart.
God reminded me, “David encouraged Himself in me,
now you do that son.”
I found the strength in my weakness
David was one of the greatest faith
champions of all the Bible.
Let me give you some summaries of his life.
David's name means boiling with love or passion.
In Acts 13:22 he's a called a man after God's heart.
That was 1,000 years after he died.
David is to spiritual leadership what Abraham is to faith.
Abraham was the father of faith and I believe David is a father of
spiritual leadership.
You see the way he handled criticism.
You see the way he handled even his own son Absalom who
turned against him.
You can see the way handled criticism.
Does defeat knock you down or does it purify you?
The Lord showed me when He visited me that I was going to have
persecution over The Passion Translation.
I had a couple death threats over it.
Some people that are convinced King James Bible is the only one.
I had to have police get involved because one
of the death threats was legit.
There's this nasty web page telling everybody how horrible I am.
I said Lord what are you going to do about this?
He said, “Nothing.”
That helped me find the freedom to say that I'm
a better man and I'm a better translator
when I listen to my critics.
David was leaving Jerusalem as Absalom, his wayward, rebellious
son kicked him out.
This David the Giant Killer, the king who formed Jerusalem.
But this wayward son of his
thought he could pull the affection of
people away from his dad.
They drove him out of Jerusalem and as David and Abner
were walking out of the city, David was being cursed by Shimei.
Abner grabbed his sword said, “I'll go take care of him,”
David said, “No, it could be that God raised him up to say those things.”
David was the eighth son.
Eight is the number of new beginnings, a new
order that replaced Saul.
The Saul Kingdom was fading.
foot in the river
Absalom
Jonathan died with his father Saul when he fell on his sword.
Jonathan knew God was with David, but he
couldn't pull away from the old.

Jesus,Jesus Christ,Bible,Christian,God,Holy Spirit,Holy Ghost,Pentecost,Pentecostal,Prophesy,Prophecy,Prophetic,Gifts of the Spirit,Miracles,Salvation,Deliverance,Spiritual Warfare,Intercession,Prophetic Intercession,Prayer,Breakthrough,Healing,Chuck Pierce,Glory of Zion,GZI,Bill Johnson,Dutch Sheets,Jane Hamon,Bethel Redding,It's Supernatural,Shawn Bolz,Sid Roth,Karen Wheaton,Kevin Zadai,Jesus Culture,Joel Osteen,Joyce Meyer,King of Kings,

Post a Comment

0 Comments