Advertisement

I suffer from NIGHTMARES because of MY PARENTS

I suffer from NIGHTMARES because of MY PARENTS Hey, guys! Today Kate want to share her problem with you. The thing is, she only have nightmares when she sleep. And it's her parents' fault.
"We have a normal family, my parents are great and they love me very much. I can always come up to them with my problems and stuff. They are very smart and they know a lot about different things. My dad is an archaeologist. Yeah, this profession still exists. He often rides to the excavations. Sometimes he takes me and my mom with him. My mom studies history and she helps my dad in his work. But as for me, I don’t have any special talents now…
The thing is, my parents are just crazy about horror movies. For many people, the main holidays are Christmas or Thanksgiving. But in our family we celebrate Halloween at the fullest. My parents decorate the house with monsters and ghosts, they dress up in costumes and arrange a cool theme party. Of course, I always take part in it and have fun with everyone, though I'm only 10.
In our family, watching TV in the evening always means a new horror movie. Usually it’s about some creepy, evil creatures and stuff. Especially they love some historical horror movies about the pyramids and some ancient burials, because it is related to their work. And, of course, we are the main guests in all the horror rooms and horror quests in every amusement park.
There were three of us – me, another girl older than me and a boy of my age. They all were the kids of the scientists, so we had some common topics for conversation. We ran back and forth while our parents were working. And suddenly we found a strange place. It was really something wrong with it…
It was a small place on the beach, surrounded by rocks and trees. It was possible to get there only by a footpath. So we went there regularly. There was also some pillar, but we didn’t pay any attention to it.
But after that night, for some reason, I can't watch horror movies any more. When I sleep I see only nightmares where terrible beings catch me up and tear apart. I stopped sleeping at all because it is very difficult to wake up fresh, cheerful and happy when the monsters have been chasing me all night long.
Parents immediately noticed my problem and took me to the psychologist. He said it was just a child's fantasy and advised my parents not to show me any frightening or traumatic content any more. My parents stopped taking me to the expeditions, but for some reason they did not quit watching horror films. I have no idea why they decided that I am scared of expeditions instead of horror movies.
Of course, there was no improvement. I even started screaming at night though I can't remember it myself. My parents scratched their heads and switched to Disney films, pink ponies and stuff but I didn't feel any better. I still don't sleep well now as I have only nightmares. I can't blame parents because they didn't know that it would happen. Besides, other kids who were with us are OK now. Psychologist says, it will pass with the age. I don't know, I don't want to check. All I want is a good sleep at night without any pills.

problems,actually happened,actually happened stories,my story animated,stories,animation,short film,storybooth,storybook,story booth,story animated,animated story,story,story time,short animation,animated channel,animation short film,teen stories,life story,Teen Stories,storytime,true stories,nightmares,parents,joke,parent jokes,can't sleep,funny parents,parent's fail,friends,don't sleep,

Post a Comment

0 Comments