Advertisement

Good 'N Plenty - A Tribute to My Grandfather's Life

Good 'N Plenty - A Tribute to My Grandfather's Life A tribute for my Grandfather, Rodney Thompson.

Lyrics:

-Verse 1-
She was a southern belle
He was a country boy
Well, she caught his eye
He was in love

Well some time went by
And he asked her
Will you be my bride?
Because you

-Chorus-
You've got some good 'n plenty
Oh, Happy Day!
I could say your name for days and days
I don't have a life without you
I wanna breathe my last breath with you by my side

-Verse 2-
Five kids and years later
They still loved each other
Years kept passing by
Right before their eyes

Grandkids overflowed
The years, they never slowed
The family ever growed
Now it's true

-Chorus-
They've got some good 'n plenty
Oh, Happy Day!
He would always mess up their names
In many ways
They've built a life together
He has breathed many breaths with her by his side

-Bridge-
When the doctors came in
And said he didn't have long
She told them "That's not right.
I need him in my life."

As he's laying there,
He weakly says a prayer:
"Lord, I'm kind of scared.
But I know you're there.
I don't know what's gonna happen next.
But there's one thing I know for sure.
It's that you've,

-Chorus-
You've got some good 'n plenty.
You're the happiest day.
I can't wait to hear you say,
Oh, say my name.

Soon I will see your face
You will take my hand
And lead me into
The promise land!

Oh, what a day that will be!
When my Jesus I shall see!
He'll look on me with so much Grace
And kindness on his face!"

She is a southern belle.
He is a country boy.
Well, they've got it all.
Good 'n plenty.



Copyright 2019 Rebecca Johnson

Rodney Thompson,Rebecca Johnson,Good n Plenty,Good 'n Plenty,

Post a Comment

0 Comments