Advertisement

John D. on AT | Day 160 | August 7 | Stepping into the state # 13–the granite state of New Hampshire

John D. on AT | Day 160 | August 7 | Stepping into the state # 13–the granite state of New Hampshire Hello my supporters and viewers. I am John D. on AT. Welcome to my YouTube channel of my journey.

I’ve been itching to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail for several years and now I am at a time in my life that I can turn my wish into a reality. March 1, 2019 is my kick-off date. I am doing a flip flop hike for a few reasons. First, in late May/early June I have to be in Savannah, Georgia for a family event. Second, this makes the ATC happy as my hike direction will lessen some of the wear and tear on the trail. I start in Harpers Ferry, WV (close to the trail’s midpoint) and go SOBO to Georgia. Sometime in June I will flip back to Harpers Ferry and head NOBO to Maine. It undoubtedly will be a huge challenge for me – mentally, physically, and emotionally. If I am lucky, in mid-May, I will be listening to the Beatles’ tune When I’m Sixty-Four as this will be a personal milestone for me on the trail.

I hike with purpose to fundraise for three commendable charities; The Aneurysm and AVM Foundation, the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, and St Jude Children’s Research Hospital. 

Thank You for every “Like”, for every subscriber who wants to follow me, for your encouraging comments and curious questions, and last but not least, a sincere “Thank You” for your donations to those charities. If you want to reach me personally – here is my e-mail: johnDonAT2019@gmail.com

List of charities:
 
TAAF (The Aneurysm and AVM Foundation):
 
MS:
 
St Jude:

john d on at,trigger on at,thru hike 2019,appalachian trail 2019,nobo 2019,

Post a Comment

0 Comments