Advertisement

Peace Amid The Storm (Original)

Peace Amid The Storm (Original) I'll keep this brief: I recently heard that it's better to have finished an imperfect project than to have a perfect project that never gets finished. I knew this would be intricate when I started, I knew that the end result wouldn't be for everyone, but I had high hopes regarding how I'd feel about it... meh, maybe with a better second 'solo' and a return to the chords at the end for more of a climactic feel it could have reached another level, but it is what it is and I get to clear my mind and move on.

...Fun fact: this was inspired by a thunderstorm and recorded during a separate thunderstorm - funny how things work out.
Also, it's really hot in Scotland (I know, funny joke, bla bla bla) so my hands were sweating, thus my fingers got all soft and my calluses got torn up for this one. And my right thumb re-re-re-blistered.

- Oh, and I adore the chord progression btw.
D minor, D minor major 7, A minor, A major..... kind of great
- The main riff is pretty slick too.

Backing Track and notes:

Ian Black,Guitar,Ian Black Guitar,Phrygian Dominant,Harmonic Minor,D Minor,Acoustic,Solo,Composition,Song,Thunder,Storm,Thunderstorm,Chords,Notes,Rhythm,Lead,Bass,Original,Project,Imperfect,Perfect,Minor Major 7,

Post a Comment

0 Comments