Advertisement

Dyskinesia Parkinson's side effects

Dyskinesia Parkinson's side effects This is me at my worst. I have no control over my body whatsoever. My limbs have a mind of their own now. It feels like they are possessed 👻. The medical term for this is dyskinesia. 😮 📝🏥👩‍⚕️⚕️ The interesting thing about what you see here is, that you might initially assume this is the shaking or tremor symptom that is typically associated with Parkinson's. But, weirdly, I don't actually have much of a tremor. My primary debilitating devastating symptoms are rigidity and slow movement. 👵

In this video 🎥📼📹, which is a very personal insight into my struggles with Parkinson's... Dyskinesia is an ugly, unwanted side effect of taking Parkinson's medication. Typically, it rears its ugly head 5-10 years into having a reliance on Parkinsons drugs 💊💊. I am in years 6/7 now.... so it makes sense why I'm displaying such abnormal behaviour.

It is physically exhausting. It can last from 30-90 mins ⏰⏳and consists of grueling random physical jerks of my limbs 💪🧦. It is comparable to going to the gym and engaging in an intensive workout....but you haven't chosen the work out 🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♀️. It is non-voluntary.
The reason it happens is because you have over-medicated. 💊💊After shoving so many pills down your throat to gain some semblance of functioning and mobility, the artificial dopamine eventually builds up and KA-POW💥💣🤯 ,your body over works. The bodies furnace goes into overdrive. 🚗🚗 This also leads to problems with regulating your body's thermostat 🌡️, but that is a discussion for another time 🕒⏰


#parkinsonsdisease #yopd #sideeffects #dyskinesia #beingtransparent #increasingawarenessofparkinsons #sharingmystory #beingvulnerable

effects

Post a Comment

0 Comments